SMA Sunny Island 4548 offers several options for installing world class, stand alone energy systems. Featuring AC coupled technology, the SMA Sunny Island 4548 inverter is an intelligent system manager that creates a high quality, self-sufficient AC grid and protects sensitive batteries, extending system life.
In the SMA Sunny Island 4548 system, electricity generators and loads are flexibly integrated. PV and wind energy systems, diesel generators, hydro power or CHP (Combined Heat and Power) can be modularly integrated in a large off-grid system. Equally adept at grid-tied back up, the SMA Sunny Island system can also be easily designed to provide reliable power in the case of a grid outage. The SMA Sunny Island 4548-US inverter is based on proven off-grid technology and feature industry leading power output. A maximum efficiency of 96 percent ensures peak production, which results in reduced diesel usage in rural communities. More flexible sizing allows for simplified system planning. And, with multicluster technology, up to 12 SMA Sunny Island 4548 can be integrated into off-grid power systems.
- Maximum efficiency 96%
- CEC efficiency of 94.5%
- Charge level calculation
- Intelligent battery management
- Easy commissioning with the “Quick Configuration Guide”
- Complete off-grid management
- Excellent for grid-tied battery back up
- For Sunny Island systems from 2 kW to 100 kW Single
- 120/240 split-phase and three-phase operation, connectable in parallel and modularly expandable
- Extreme overload capability
- OptiCool™ active temperature management system
- Five-year standard warranty